The knowledge gained from the video training provides you with lasting protection:
- BITV violations in your digital products due to ignorance
- Stressful knowledge building in this difficult-to-access topic
- Stressful knowledge building in this difficult-to-access topic
- Damage to reputation through non-disability-friendly platforms
After completing this video training, lack of accessibility knowledge is no longer an excuse.
The topic “Accessibility in and with IT” is particularly important for companies and IT professionals. In this 5-hour detailed online course you will acquire the tools for accessibility. You will complete each chapter of the online course with interactive tests. After successful participation you will receive a certificate. The knowledge you gain gives you a real head start for the future. There is nothing comparable on the market.
Those who do not work on the accessibility of their IT solutions today will soon be left behind. So don’t hesitate and take advantage of it.
Do any of these questions apply to you? Then you should go for it!
- Should your digital product also be used by people with disabilities?
- Do you belong to the federal government, state, city, a public authority or public institutions?
- Have you received a contract from the public sector via a tender?
- Do you receive EU funding and therefore have to comply with the BITV standard?
- As a UI designer, should you design a product with inclusive design?
- As a developer, do you have to programme websites or apps barrier-free?
- As an inclusion officer, are you required to ensure BITV compliance?
- As a non-profit organisation, do you receive funding for a digital solution?
Your advantages at a glance:
- Quick easy to understand introduction
- Modern learning form with 15-minute learning videos
- Deepening through concrete knowledge tests
- Completion with certificate as proof of knowledge
You will receive with the course:
- 6 major thematic chapters
- 24 lessons as 15-minute videos
- Learning with free time management
- Quiz to test knowledge
- Certificate as proof of your knowledge
- Exclusive Facebook group
- Regular live sessions
Why accessibility in your IT project at all?
We spend a lot of time in front of the computer, tablet or mobile phone. There are various reasons for this. Often we work on PCs because we have an office job. Or we use the various platforms for entertainment and information.
Therefore, it is important for each of us to deal with the issue of accessibility in IT. This is especially true for those who design and implement IT projects. This is the only way to support disadvantaged people for the common good.
With the online course you will achieve:
- To a larger target group
- Sound knowledge for the application
- A head start through early implementation
- Implementing successful inclusion
- Targeted implementation of EU requirements
With the online course “Accessibility in and with IT” towards more digital accessibility!
With the online course “Accessibility in and with IT” towards more accessibility
1. introduction to the topic of accessibility in and with IT
To deal with digital accessibility, it is important to be open and sensitive to it. It is about empathy and getting involved with limitations, barriers and disabilities. The goals are diversity, joint barrier reduction and implementation according to rules. The path to this is the logic chain of successful inclusion. This chain is diversity, participation, accessibility and barrier-free. There is a logical link and mutual condition between each element.
2. shared responsibility for successful accessibility
It is important to stand up for people with disabilities and fair participation. People with disabilities should be able to use digital solutions. Inclusion only works when all stakeholders in the process work well together. I will show you how different stakeholders can work together effectively. But it takes more than just reading and talking about it. We need to act – together hand in hand with the same goal. The ultimate goal for all of us must be successful inclusion.
3. implementation of barrier-free IT solutions according to BITV 2.0
Here is a reminder of the main advantages of implementing accessibility. If you adhere to the BITV rules, you offer higher IT quality. With regard to laws and regulations, you are on the safe side with the BITV. You will reach more people and possibly even generate more turnover. So you too can become an implementer of accessibility – whether as an entrepreneur and decision-maker, conceptualiser, writer, designer, developer or tester. Everyone can contribute their part. You can learn here which parts these are in detail and where you can start yourself.
4. understand, learn and use simple language
Simply learn plain language here and now, because this leads to successful inclusion and better understanding for everyone. The goal is therefore to make more use of plain language, as we do here. This way we support people with language and learning difficulties. But it also helps functional illiterates. These are people who cannot read and write well. It also helps people with reading and spelling difficulties. These people have great difficulty reading and writing.
5. understanding the mandatory rules of BITV 2.0
The BITV is a legally binding requirement and applies just like a law. It describes exactly how digital solutions must be in order to be barrier-free. Four major principles and international innovations apply overarchingly. These principles are then assigned different detailed rules. You will learn each rule of the BITV in detail. This is essential theoretical knowledge. But the practical implementation of this knowledge is the most important thing. As you know, the BITV is called the “Barrier-free Information Technology Ordinance”. It is our law for digital solutions. We as IT creators have to comply with it. Full stop.
6. check, implement and prove BITV conformity
In this step, you will learn the practical application of the BITV. It helps you to independently check your digital solutions for accessibility. In essence, it is about applying the rules you have learned. You will get to know tools that will help you with the check. This will save you time and give you a quick overview. You will learn how to carry out a pre-audit and how to accompany IT projects in general. You can thus support project managers, designers, developers and editors with competent advice. You can also use the tools to check web pages yourself and evaluate IT solutions. They are also useful as preparatory work for a full BITV report.
Learn this complex subject with maximum flexibility and multiple senses
The online course offers you maximum flexibility so that you can integrate the further training individually into your everyday life. The learning content is well coordinated in 6 large chapters.
With 24 lessons as catchy video sequences, you receive high-quality content in a contemporary form. This is done in an optimal length of 15 minutes on average, so that you can learn well.
In the process, you learn with multiple senses – seeing, hearing, imagery and text. Each lesson is concluded with exercises for you to do yourself. A quiz at the end of each chapter is a fun way to test your knowledge. As a crowning finale, you will receive a certificate as proof of the knowledge you have acquired.
Concentrated expertise for you from a passionate expert
Unfortunately, people with disabilities are often excluded from IT solutions because they are not implemented barrier-free. Therefore, there is now the online course for everyone who wants or needs to deal with “accessibility in and with IT”!
The expert Peggy Reuter-Heinrich is a passionate advocate of the topic and also holds lectures, workshops and seminars on the subject. You now receive this valuable knowledge on the topic in a compact form in an online course for self-learning.
In order for people with disabilities to experience real participation also in digital solutions, many things have to be taken into account. Driven by this concern, Peggy shares her broad knowledge about accessibility in and with IT with this online course.
Workshop with Peggy at FAW gGmbH