The usability of interactive products is the guarantor for their sustainable and long-term use. In order to be able to apply this later on in your own products, you will learn in this training the most important aspects of usability according to ISO 9241 in two days.
Achieving a good balance between function and usability is a major challenge. The fact that user wishes and expectations are often difficult to grasp and evaluate plays a major role here, as they can usually only be defined in terms of clear facts and figures to a limited extent. The primary objective of this training is to create awareness for the user’s view of interactive systems and to clarify their importance in the fast-moving software industry. Common misunderstandings are cleared up and clarity is created about many terms.
Duration: 1 to 2 training days with 8 lessons each in 4 work blocks
Trainer: Armin Reuter
Primarily, it is about understanding the challenges of user-centricity, but also recognizing the massive added value of good usability. In order to be able to achieve this, Armin Reuter teaches methods and techniques on how usability can be illuminated, tested and thus improved. In a practical and thoroughly entertaining way, participants gain insights into the analysis of usage contexts and their effects, the ISO standards for usability testing and their application, but also into the “magical transformation” of seemingly unclear and vague user wishes into concretely formulated requirements for design and development. Armin Reuter takes a purposefully descriptive and general approach in his training, so that participants from different disciplines and fields of activity can take away as much as possible from this training and put it into practice.
- Schaffung eines einheitlichen Grundverständnisses für Usability allgemein
- Schaffung eines einheitlichen Grundverständnisses für Usability in Software-/Web-Projekten
- Vermittlung von in eigenen Projekten umsetzbare Mess- und Prüf-Kriterien, breit gefächerte Anregungen für Herangehensweisen zur Usability-Verbesserung
- Usability so erklärt, dass ihre Beurteilung auch durch z. B. Projektleiter oder Produktmanager funktioniertPrüfung des gelernten am eigenen Projekt (auszugsweise) im Verlauf des Trainings
- Prüfung des gelernten am eigenen Projekt (auszugsweise) im Verlauf des Trainings
- Usability in general and why usability
- The user at the center and the context of use of the system
- The dialog principles as a measurement criterion for usability
- User requirements, usage requirements and user stories
- From the user story to the user interface element
- The user interface as an interface
- Optimal working method in usability and UI design
- Prototyping – method presentation and practical application
- Interactive prototypes with Balsamiq, XD or Powerpoint
The knowledge is built on a concrete, jointly agreed practical example gladly from your context. The take-away effect for your participants is therefore not only a lot of know-how, but also real work results that can be continued.
- Room equipment with projector or TV
- To participate: paper, pens, whiteboard, flipchart
- Technology for participants: laptop or PC to join in
- Software: Balsamiq or MS Powerpoint