The HeiReS Expert Training
The requirements for websites, mobile apps and software solutions also include guaranteed participation by people with disabilities. Digital accessibility enables this participation.
Target group of the training
- IT specialists
The challenge in everyday IT life
Allowing people with disabilities to participate in social and working life is both a moral and legal obligation. The possibilities of digitalisation facilitate the implementation. The guidelines for implementing accessibility are specified in the Barrier-Free Information Technology Ordinance (BITV). The goal is successful inclusion in the digital world – analogous to the requirements of BITV 2.0, WACG and EN 301549. The principles of Usability for All, inclusive design and barrier-free technical implementation are explained.
Managing Director and Head of the UX Unit at HeiReS®
Expert for digital accessibility
Author, trainer, speaker on the topic of accessibility and UX design
0351-65615776 | pegreu@heires
Our popular training as a solution
In the training, we show the ways to correctly implement the BITV and how to succeed in creating good accessible IT solutions. We start by raising awareness of disabilities and barriers, as well as what everyone can do to improve things for users – including decision-makers, UI designers, developers, copywriters and testers.
The verifiable 92 criteria of BITV 2.0 / WCAG are exemplified on our accessible platform “Family and Career”. In your specific case, e.g. a website, we will check the correct implementation of accessibility during the training. As a result, you will even receive a development-accompanying BITV audit as a corresponding test scenario. The participants are thus enabled to lead their own IT projects towards barrier-free implementation according to BITV.
My mission is a barrier-free digital world in which all people can participate!
Knowledge transfer with high added value
Training strategy and practical approach
Our training strategy is a balanced mix of theory and practice. In comprehensible blocks, the participants learn the theory and correlations and demonstrate the work steps. These are followed up in practical exercises on their own computers. In doing so, we become as concrete as possible and address your use cases. We share best practice and experience with you. In this way, the training also becomes a bit of consulting – with practical results.
The knowledge is built up on the basis of a concrete, jointly agreed practical example – preferably from your context. Your participants will take away a lot of know-how as well as real work results. These can later be continued and implemented in practice.
- Diversity and social participation as an asset
- Law and morality – guidelines for participation
- Technical specifications and guidelines
- Accessibility implemented in all media
- Understanding disabilities and their effects
- Ways of support through information technology
- The BITV as an opportunity for businesses
- Basic knowledge of the principles of inclusive design
- Understanding and recognising the 92 test criteria of the BITV
- Ways of testing towards certification preparation
- Extra tools to help you test websites
- Carrying out a BITV audit on your own project
- Create your own BITV audit as a report
- Learning easy language – rules and practical implementation
Planning and framework
2 training days with 8 teaching hours each in 4 work blocks
Appointments can be planned according to demand with 1.5 months lead time after order
Training locations: Virtual / Remote or at your location / Inhouse
Remote in the virtual classroom – safe and secure in your office.
Secure according to 2G-Plus rules also possible on your premises
Up to 10 participants possible
Prerequisites: Basic IT knowledge
Laptop or PC for collaboration
Operating system with Windows 7 upwards
Headset with microphone and webcam
If applicable, Word, PowerPoint and Balsamiq for participation
Bonuses included for you
- Copy of the popular non-fiction book for each participant
- Script of the presentation for review
- Handover of all materials created such as BITV audit
- Discount code to access the online course for colleagues
- Certificate of the completed further training
We respond to your wishes
Are there any special requirements or wishes?
What is your main challenge in the training context?
Which projects should we actively work on in the training?
Please feel free to call us or send us an e-mail.